I'm author and editor Holly M. Kothe. Thanks for stopping by my writing and review blog.
Literature is as addictive to me as a hot hazelnut latte, so grab a mug and have a look around.



Monday, March 16, 2015

Eve Rabi : Fearless, Successful, Ass-Kicking Amazon Author

I've been fortunate enough to speak with one of Amazon's hottest authors--Eve Rabi. And she's only getting hotter as she goes. With each book of Eve's that I read, her work becomes more complex, more scandalous, more entertaining. I'm often on the edge of my seat and loving the edgy dialogue. I also love how this bad-ass author is not squeamish about exploring controversial topics in her literature. I'm honored to have her stop by the blog today and let me dig into her mind. As an editor, I'm always curious about getting to know the writer outside the realm of the page. 

Take it away, Eve. Here, have a cup of the strongest coffee I can concoct and tell us about yourself:



I’m the author of 24 romantic novels, and I live in beautiful Sydney Australia. (I was born in sunny South Africa, I must add).
 I live with my two know-it-all daughters, a Pomeranian named Li’l Bow Wow (who failed obedience school twice), and a snooty, keyboard-loving cat called Maya.  
Writing is a hobby and a passion of mine that fortunately for me, pays my bills.
Therefore, I’m a full-time writer. If I am unable to write for a day, I get restless and seeks solace in Swiss chocolate. And cake. And burgers. And more chocolate. 

Your latest book is doing so well. How do you manage to achieve such success on Amazon with your books? 

It's simple: I work hard. I've only recently started marketing my books, as I spent more of the last two years writing non-stop. Luckily, I love writing, so it's not work for me, it's fun. But marketing is necessary, so I do what I have to do to make a living.  

What specific advice can you give to independent writers who are trying to stand out among the millions of books available on Amazon?  

You have to take your book to the people, so market, market, market. Readers are looking to discover new authors, so they are waiting for you. Facebook groups and fiverr.com are inexpensive ways to market your book. Whatever you do while marketing, continue writing. Never stop. Also, be nice to other authors, because they can help cross promote. 

What inspired you to write? Tell us about your creative process.

I’ve always been a dreamer, with stories floating through my head. But a few years ago, a newspaper article about Iraqi militants and US female soldiers got my attention. That is how Captured, Sworn Enemies, Secret Lovers, was born. It is a story about an injured married US soldier and an Iraqi doctor. So, if you are seeking romantic, suspense-filled crime thrillers that make you laugh, make you cry, and make you burn while you fall in love, you should check out my books. 
     But be warned: I go there.

I regret not writing earlier in my life, but I had no idea I could write. I once ran an upmarket magazine with my ex on Sydney’s North Shore where I wrote articles, but it never occurred to me to write romance novels.  

I’m also inspired by music. It moves me. I have to listen to it every day, so I’m constantly seeking new music. I’m constantly Shazaming music I hear on the radio or in mall, then I hurry home to download the song. You’ll often catch me singing along, too. Helps when I’m cleaning up. Sometimes when I have my earplugs on and I’m belting Sam Smith or Ariana Grande, I ask myself, “Eve, you’re so good at singing, why aren't you a singer?” Then I remove my earplugs and I know why.
 

Your readers love reading you, often to the point of obsession! Here are what some of them have to say:

“I have been so impressed with this writer, I have read 3 of her books in the last 48 hours. Can I say kick-ass stories and kick-ass heroines. Real page turners.” 
Amazon Reviewer.

“Love Eve Rabi's books! My advice, just pick any one and you will be hooked! Not sure how I found her, but really pleased I did. Working my way through all her books!” Amazon Reviewer

“I never left my seat, from start until finish.  I kept looking at the percentage amount left to read, and feeling disappointed it was soon to be over...I just wanted it to go on forever.” Amazon Reviewer



With that being said, tell us a bit more about your latest, The Other Woman. 

A betrayed wife determined to win back her husband takes on the seductive mistress who is not used to losing. The result is a scandalous and riveting drama of suspense and intrigue.




SCARLETT SMYTH (The mistress)

If Rival didn’t want to lose Bradley to me, she should have tried harder to be a better wife.
She could have started off by losing weight. I mean, she was married to a handsome and charismatic man who was going to be Australia’s next Prime Minister, and she was a size twelve! Twelve, I tell you. That’s a whopping size forty-two in Italy, and a giant eight in the US! A body for a Dove commercial.
How dare she? How dare she have the audacity to value bread and pasta and rice and noodles and potatoes and chocolate mousse over someone like Bradley Murdoch?
I mean, look at Posh – she’s a size zero. Why? Because she appreciates David. She does not in any way jeopardize her position as Almost Royalty.
And Angelina, clearly she forgoes carbs because those hip bones, they could put out Brad’s eyes, let me tell you. These women, they sacrifice to keep their men, to keep away predators like me, and that’s how it ought to be.
I’m a size six, by the way. That would make me a four in the US, a five in Japan, a two in Canada, a four in the UK and a mere thirty-two in Italy, making me an extra-small everywhere in the world, get it? It’s important that you do, because I work hard at my centerfold figure and I do believe I deserve recognition for it.
What? You don’t think so?
Well, then…fuck you! Like I care what you think.
Kidding, kidding! You should see your face. Of course I care what you think, honey. Your opinion is really important to me. (Smiley face.)


RIVAL MURDOCH (The wife)
People say move on, forget about him, find someone who appreciates you for who you are. They say the best revenge is to live well. I agree with them. Totally.
But tell me how to move on when I am struggling with the unfairness of the situation.
In my mind, a crime against me has been committed and they should pay.
She and Bradley must compensate me for my loss, for robbing me of all that’s precious to me, for being so blissfully happy after their heist, for living a glamorous, spectacular life, while I struggle to recover from the blindsiding and try to shake off this heavy shroud of anger and bitterness.
These woman who steal husbands, destroy families and shatter dreams, why isn’t society doing something about it? Why are we allowing them to live happily ever after?
It not fair and I want to fight back. I’m determined to.
But Scarlett is clearly not someone you want to mess with. Yet, I have to. The question is …how?

Will The Other Other Woman be available in print? I actually have an aunt who saw the teaser on Facebook and wants to read it, and she asked me yesterday how she could get a hard copy. She settles for no less than print-only reading!

I'm working with create space right now, so soon!


                     Visit Eve Rabi and follow her blog for four free books!









3 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.
    pediatric dentist in india

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more you shall honor Me,
    the more I shall bless you.
    -the Infant Jesus of Prague
    (<- Czech Republic, next to Russia)

    trustNjesus, dear,
    and wiseabove to Seventh-Heaven.
    Only 2 realms after death, girly...
    and 1 of em aint too cool.
    Decide NOW where you wanna be after our demise.

    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive