I'm author and editor Holly M. Kothe. Thanks for stopping by my writing and review blog.
Literature is as addictive to me as a hot hazelnut latte, so grab a mug and have a look around.



Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A Positive Outlook

One of my first journalistic endeavors was published in my city's local Newspaper. Inspiration came when I saw a need within my own family. I couldn't help financially as much as I would have liked. So instead, I wrote. And I published in the paper. I'm sharing the article here for all of my friends and readers who don't receive my small town's newspaper.

One thing about my spree into journalism that was the most challenging: maintaining a 400 word maximum! I have over an hour of audio files with great stories from my interview with Dan, but I had to keep it minimal for the space the paper allotted me.

Below is a scan of the article, released first in the Norwood Star Newspaper on December 1, 2014. There have been so many donations from kind and caring locals before I even wrote this, but the Gofundme link is indeed still open, so if I can catch the attention of any other generous hearts willing to give to this family, my article will be that much more successful.

I hope you enjoy it. I also hope you find strength and inspiration in this story about one of the most optimistic and bright people I know, my uncle, Daniel Kothe.


To donate to Dan and his family, visit http://www.gofundme.com/fvqev0.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive